What is marrow?
To begin, the bone marrow is found inside the long bones of your limbs and is responsible for the daily production of new blood cells. The bone marrow is dark brown and is made up of immune cells, blood cells, and fat cells, which are important compounds that help in the formation of clots. One important thing you need to put in mind about your bone marrow is that, keeping it healthy first starts with the type of food you eat. The reasons why eating healthy is very important for your body.
Can someone live without bone marrow?
The bone marrow is a very important and essential part of the human body, the reason being that the bone marrow is in charge of producing blood cells that keep your body healthy and in good shape. It is good to note that, the bone marrow produces white blood cells that help control bleeding, and prevents infections, meanwhile, on the other hand, it also produces red blood cells that carry oxygen. Just this simple explanation alone indicates how important the bone marrow is very important for the body.
A human being with no bone marrow is likely to keep having health issues.
What does the bone marrow look like?
There are two types of bone marrow in the human body, which include red bone marrow. To begin, the red bone marrow is in charge of producing red, and white blood cells and platelets which are parts of the blood. Meanwhile the yellow bone marrow preserves and stores fats which are in turn used to develop the bone, and muscles and also increase energy production.
The bone marrow is spongy and soft and in simple terms, it wants to look almost like jam or jelly.
How to keep your bone marrow healthy?
As we have read above, the bone marrow is very important for your health and so here are some tips on how to keep your bone marrow in good health
- Eat very healthy food
- Make sure you eat food that is rich in proteins. That is, eat things like eggs, nuts, fish, lean meat, and beans just to name a few.
- Make sure your drink milk because it also contains proteins, which are good for your bone marrow.
- Make sure you take vitamins like vitamin B12, B9, and iron. These vitamins will help keep your bone marrow in good shape.
- Also, to keep your marrow in good shape, it is important to make sure you check the medication you are taking. Before taking any meds, make sure it has been prescribed to you by a doctor.
- Eat food high in calcium
- Vit D and Vit K
- Avoid low-calorie food
- Maintain a stable weight
- Omega 3 fats are important