Tips on How to Reduce high Sugar Intake
One secret to reduce sugar from your diet is by simply eating more of unprocessed foods and less of processed food.
Sugar as we saw in one of our post is good for the health but when taken in excess, it has so many side effects as we saw. So it is very important to either reduce, or cut back on your sugar consumption when it is possible.
Don’t worry kiffasblog got you covered on how you can reduce your high sugar consumption and keep your health intact.
Below are some ways in which you can use to reduce your high sugar intake
- Avoid yoghurt that is loaded with sugar and instead go in for plain yoghurt
- Rather than taking sugar sweetened fruit smoothies, it is better to Eat natural fruits, because they have natural sugar.
- Highly reduce your rate of taking candy(e.g lollipops)
- If you are a fan of salad, then note that, to reduce your sugar intake, it is preferable to use vinegar rather than honey mustard.
- Increase your water consumption, because it is very important for this journey.
- Reduce the intake of energy drinks, juice, ice-cream, sweet tea and sodas because they contain a lot of sugar.
- Avoid alcohol as much as you can
A ‘moderate’ intake of refined sugar is a very acceptable part of a healthy diet. However, people who consume a lot of sugary food and drinks at the expense of more nutritious food choices, may be taking in a lot of ‘empty calories’.
Soft and sweetened drinks are heavily advertised, very cheap and available almost anywhere. This drink is very high in sugar and is consumed by so many people in the world.
Children are equally one of the highest group of people who love sweet things. So parents are equally called upon to control the rate at which their children take in sugar. This is in order to keep them healthy and save them from future health complications.