Honey is a sweet food made by bees taking nectar from flowers. Honeybees convert the nectar to honey through a regurgitation process and evaporation. Note that, depending on the type, honey can be a pain reliever, antibacterial, or pure sugar.
The honey we find in the market, most of them are not raw because they are pasteurized therefore making many of the beneficial nutrients to be destroyed in the process. RELATED: 9 Amazing Health Benefits of Honey
Health benefits of raw honey
- Raw honey has very good nutrients which are very beneficial for the body. That is, raw honey, contains, calcium, magnesium, manganese, niacin, pantothenic acid, phosphorous, potassium, riboflavin, and zinc.
- According to research, raw honey has antifungal and antibacterial properties, which help to fight against unwanted bacteria.
- Raw honey helps heal wounds because they contain antimicrobial properties which treat wounds faster. According to researchers, when you have a wound, it is good to apply raw honey to the cut and the wound will heal very fast. They equally advise that processed honey, that has been heated should not be put on wounds. If you have an allergy, it is better to see your doctor first.
- Raw honey is a good source of antioxidants. That is, raw honey, contains an array of plant chemicals that act as antioxidants that help to protect the body from cell damage due to free radicals.
- Raw honey rejuvenates the hair and skin. According to research, honey can be used in rejuvenating the skin as well as slowing down the formation of wrinkles. Also, raw honey can be used as a facial cleansing scrub to remove dark spots and wrinkles.
- Raw honey helps to treat colds (cough and catarrh). Especially for kids, honey helps lower the frequency, severity, and annoyance of cough that is making the child uncomfortable. Also, raw honey helps improve the child’s sleeping quality. Give a child honey from time to time and watch their sleep quality improve.