The tongue to begin with is a muscular organ in the mouth, covered with moist, pink tissue called mucosa, it also has tiny bumps called papillae which give the tongue the rough texture it has. Taking care of the tongue is sometimes neglected by many people, which is not good. Note that, it is very important to take care of your tongue because this part of the body plays very many important roles, it allows you to enjoy the taste of your food, it allows you to chew, swallow and even talk. However, it is good to note that, if not well taken care of, the tongue is also a home for many bacteria to live. Below is a list of simple things you can do to take care of your tongue;
How to properly take care of your tongue
- Drink green tea: to help keep your tongue clean and much more healthy, drinking green tea is considered very beneficial because, it greatly helps in reducing the bacteria in the mouth, thereby killing mouth odor.
- Drink a lot of water: as we all know and according to many health practitioners, the overall health and functionality of your entire body dwell a lot on staying hydrated and eating right. Regarding your tongue’s health, drinking water helps to wash away the bacteria and leftover food from your tongue and teeth. Thereby keeping your tongue and mouth clean and fresh.
- Regularly brush your tongue: at times, we hurriedly brush our teeth and forget to brush our tongue, which should not be the case. It is important to brush your tongue because, it helps eradicate any bacteria in the mouth that could cause issues in your mouth, or tongue or even cause mouth odor.
- Eat a healthy diet: it might be shocking to you but it is good to know that the tongue is a muscle and just like any other muscle it has to be well taken care of. Eating healthy helps to keep your tongue strong and healthy and according to researchers, it is advisable to eat things like garlic, onion, and coconut. These things are recommended because they help fight the harmful bacteria that stay on the tongue.
- Avoid smoking: smoking is very harmful to human health and concerning the tongue’s health smoking can cause cancer of the tongue which comes with a firm crater and which also results in making your tongue pain when you try to talk.
How to properly wash your tongue: Choose a soft-bristle toothbrush, then stick your tongue out as far as it can go, position your toothbrush at the back of the tongue, and brush lightly forward and backward along your tongue. Spit out saliva that appears during the brushing and rinses out the toothbrush with warm water. After cleaning your tongue, make sure you rinse your mouth with clean water.
Wow thanks so much ma ❤
Thank you for sharing mom God bless you
Wow great knowledge
Thanks ma learning everything
Wow nice one I learnt alot
Wow thank you so much mum
Thanks for sharing mum
Thank you Doctor for this wonderful tips.
Wow this is very important
Thanks for sharing ma
Many thanks. I have learned that the tongue is home to many bacteria and that eating garlic, onion and drinking much water can keep the tongue free of bacterial infection. Additionally tongue cancer can be prevented by avoiding smoking. This is a very good reason not to smoke. A million thanks for the health tips and a great day to you.
Thank you for this
Thanks for always sharing mumsy I appreciate ?❤️❤️
Thank you Doc. The tongue carries the highest bacteria in the mouth.
Waooooo very simple tips. Thank you so much for sharing mummy
May God bless you abundantly ?
Thank you for sharing Doc ????
That’s great! Learning continues.
Another amazing one mam thanks for the health tips . you deserve some aplouse. Thanks
Thanks for the knowledge mum
Many thanks mum ♥️♥️
Thank u so much for this mamayo
Thanks very much for sharing mum
Thank you so much ma????, as for brushing and drinking enough water am very good at that, but this green tea I have never heard about it I wish I could one day see it.
Helpful mom, thank you