Having smelly feet can be very uncomfortable for both adults and children. Also known as Bromodosis, this is a medical condition that is caused by a buildup of sweat, which causes bacteria growth on the skin and thereby leads to a bad odor. Also, another reason for smelly feet is when you have a fungal infection.
When you realize you have smelly feet, there are some common mistakes people do that instead cause the smell to last and even become permanent which is not good at all, especially for ladies. Note that, everyone’s feet sweat, but teenagers and pregnant women are most prone to very sweaty feet because their bodies produce hormones that make them sweat more. RELATED: Simple Home Remedies to Combat Stinky Feet
How To Get Rid Of Smelly Feet
- In case you suffer from smelly feet is important and advisable to keep your toes and nails sorted and clean all the time, to avoid a buildup of bacteria in them.
- Secondly, go to a spa or beauty house and get your feet’s cleaned. That is, they will help remove the hard, dead skin from your feet making them remain clean. Note that, hard skin, creates a good environment for bacteria. So endeavor to treat your feet.
- If you’re in a hot environment, endeavor to change your socks at least once a day because your feet sweat a lot and can accumulate which is not good.
- Use a mild soap and scrub brush to wash your feet at least once a day.
- Try to keep your feet dry by putting on open-toed sandals in warm weather, and go barefoot indoors when appropriate to allow your feet to stay dry.
- Apply an antifungal foot spray or medicated foot powder on your feet once daily.
- Apply antiperspirant or deodorant spray to your feet.
- When you remove your shoe, make sure to sun it so that it gets dry
Causes of smelly feet
- Hot weather
- Standing all-day
- Being overweight
- Hormonal changes, which happen during puberty, menopause, and pregnancy
As the next academic year starts, many teachers will be busy up and down with covered shoes on and all the sweat, the same thing for students and the same thing for parents. People will become busier and movements will add. To avoid having bad smells when you remove your shoes at the end of the day, make sure you follow the remedies stated above.