Living a healthy lifestyle is not just about what you eat but also what you drink. You can’t say you are living a healthy lifestyle and you are drinking one 8bottles of alcohol every day. That is not healthy. To maintain a healthy lifestyle, you have to look out for what you drink.
3 healthy teas you can drink during the week
1. Ginger tea
Ginger tea is a lovely, lightly spicy drink for warming up on cold days. It soothes upset stomachs and eases indigestion. It is very easy to make ginger tea at home, put it in a small flask and take it to school;
How to make ginger tea
- Wash the ginger and scrub off any visible dirt then thinly slice your fresh ginger into small pieces (N.B you can either slice the ginger or you grate it)
- Put the ginger in a small put or boiler and add some fresh water to it.
- Boil the mixture for some time (like 5 minutes)
- After it has boiled, sieve it to remove the ginger.
- You can add honey, or lime to the ginger tea it all depends on you.
- Put it in you small flask and you are set for work.
2. Lemon grass
Lemongrass also known as fever grass is a true grass, its leaves have a strong, lemony smell. It is used to treat things like fever, flus, colds, and infections.
How to make lemon grass tea
- Get lemon grass leaf from the market or where you can get it from
- Cut it in a way that it can go into your pot then add some fresh water to it
- Leave it to boil for some time then remove and sieve
- You can choose to either add a sweetener or drink it like that.
- Put it in your flask and take to work. You can drink it throughout the day.
3. Peppermint tea
peppermint tea helps fight headache and migraine. It also fights nausea, bloating, diarrhea, and indigestion. It reduces the risk of having infections, and also boost your energy when you are feeling weak.
How to make peppermint tea
- Boil 2 cups of water.
- Add 15 to 20 fresh mint leaves to the water
- Turn off the heat, and steep 10 to 15 minutes or until desired strength is achieved.
- Once it is done, strain it and put the tea in your office flask. You can drink this through out the day.
- Note that you can add sugar, or honey, or lemon to it. It all depends on what you like.