Almonds are said to be one of the world’s most loved tree nuts that are highly nutritious and filled with fats, antioxidants including vitamins and minerals
8 health benefits of Almonds include,
1. Help reduces Weight:
Almonds contain proteins, fiber and lower levels of carbohydrates which help to lower your appetite and keep you away from cravings. When you reduce your eating rate thanks to almonds, you also start losing weight. Meaning, you can control what you eat and it will regulate your weight.
Almonds contain magnesium which helps regulate blood sugar levels and stabilize them. people suffering from type 2 diabetes are advised to consume a handful of almonds daily because the person would develop insulin resistance which is great for people suffering from diabetes and this is because of the content of magnesium in the nut.
3. Help control Blood pressure levels:
If you suffer from blood pressure, you might want to consider taking almonds because they contain magnesium which helps control blood pressure effectively and keep you healthy. Note that, low magnesium levels can cause high blood pressure which in turn can also lead to heart attacks, strokes and kidney failure.
4. Good for Your Eyes:
Just like carrots are good for the healthy eyes, almonds too are good for the eyes. This is because, almonds have a high source of vitamin E that help protect the eyes and prevents abnormal changes to your lens.
5. Almonds Nourish Skin:
Almonds contain a flavonoid that is similarly found in green tea and broccoli. This particular component nourishes the skin and is an anti-ageing property for the skin. It is therefore for this reason that, most skin products contain these nuts, given the load of benefits it has on the skin.
6. Improve Your Brain Power:
Consuming just five pieces of almonds every morning can help you boost your brainpower. Lets note that, phenylalanine is one major chemical which is important for the cognitive functioning of the brain. Almonds actually contain this chemical; it also contains L-carnitine and riboflavin that helps in the growth of healthy brain cells.
7. Best for Treating Anemia:
Almonds contain copper, iron and vitamins that help in producing more hemoglobin and as a result preventing anemia. It should be noted that, anemia is usually caused when red blood cells carry very less oxygen to the brain.
8. Almonds Treat Stretch Marks:
Almond oil makes it effective for treating stretch marks by nourishing the skin and preventing skin tear. All you need to do is to heat the almond oil and apply it to the stretch marks and leave for an hour. Make sure you apply this twice a day for a healthy skin and you will see the difference.
Other health benefits of almond include;
- Almonds Reduce Cholesterol: consuming almonds increases your levels of Vitamin E in the red blood cells and also reduces your risks of having cholesterol.
- Almonds have a Rich Source of Antioxidants: Almonds have a rich source of antioxidants that can protect you against stress.
- Almonds Prevent Cancer: Almonds have high fiber in them and this reduces your risk of developing colon cancer.
- Almonds are Good for Your Nerves: Almonds have some amount of magnesium in them that benefits the nervous system and also helps in better bone tissue.
- Almonds Treat Acne and Blackheads: apply almond oil to the affected area and it will help you clear the spots and also reduce rashes.
- Almonds Treat Stretch Marks: All you need to do is to heat the almond oil and apply it to the stretch marks and leave for an hour 2 times a day.
Risks of Consuming Almonds:
Everything we consume has its disadvantage when taken in excess. Excess consumption of almonds can lead to the following;
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Shortness in breath
- Severe itching
If you are allergic to consuming almonds, then you need to avoid this nut as this can cause further complications. And for those trying to loose weight, in as much as almonds help with weight loose, if you consume it in excess it will instead add your weight.