7 Amazing Health Benefits of Papaya Seeds
Papaya fruit is widely known for its taste, nutrition and health benefits but not many people are aware of the immensely beneficial Papaya seeds. These tiny round seeds are black and have a shiny, wet and slimy covering. They are actually edible and are good for our health if consumed in a limited quantity.
Papaya seeds are rich in fiber which helps in keeping our digestion on track, by removing toxins from our bodies. They also help in regulating our metabolism and prevent our body from absorbing fat which actually helps in preventing obesity
2. Papaya seeds keep healthy Gut:
Papaya seeds are helpful in constipation and are rich in fiber which help in regulating our bowel movements, removing toxins from the body and thus maintaining a healthy gut.
3. Papaya seeds help Maintain Cardiovascular Health:
Papaya seeds protect our hearts. These seeds are rich in various antioxidants that protect our bodies from free radical damage.
4. Papaya seeds Reduce inflammation:
Papaya seeds contain vitamin C and compounds like alkaloids, flavonoids and polyphenols, which exhibit anti-inflammatory properties that help fight things like gout.
5. Papaya seeds are good for our Skin:
Papaya seeds exhibit anti-aging properties, which help maintain the elasticity of our skin. Thereby also preventing the development of fine lines and wrinkles on the body.
6. Papaya seeds Relieves Menstrual Pain:
Papaya contains carotene, a substance which helps the body regulate the production of a hormone known as estrogen. While papaya seeds can help induce menstruation and also increase its frequency, they can also help to some degree in managing menstrual cramps.
7. Papaya Seeds naturally kill parasites and worms
Papaya seeds can be used as a cure for amoeba parasites and worms, particularly in mal-nourished children. An alkaloid, carpaine has been detected to be present in papaya seeds and this helps in destroying parasites.
Some side effects of papaya seeds;
- Most pregnant women are advised to avoid eating papaya as the papaya seeds, roots and infusion of the leaves can harm the foetus.
- Excess consumption of papaya seeds may decrease fertility in men by affecting the number of sperms.
- Excess consumption of papaya seeds may cause diarrhea.