Meditation is considered a type of mind-body complementary medicine. During meditation, you focus all your attention and eliminate the stream of jumbled thoughts that may be crowding your mind and causing stress.
That is to say, meditation gives you a sense of calm, peace, and balance that can benefit both your emotional well-being and your overall health. Note that, anyone can practice meditation. It’s simple and inexpensive. And it doesn’t require any special equipment.
Types of meditation
1. Guided meditation
In this method of meditation, you simply form mental images of places or situations you find relaxing. Think of places that make you feel relaxed.
2. Mindfulness meditation
In mindfulness meditation, you broaden your conscious awareness. This type of meditation is based on being mindful, of living in the present moment.
3. Transcendental meditation
In this form of meditation, you silently repeat a personally assigned mantra, such as a word, sound, or phrase, in a specific way.
With Yoga, you simply perform a series of postures and controlled breathing exercises to promote a more flexible body and a calm mind.
Health benefits of meditating
• A regular meditation practice lowers stress response, cools chronic inflammation, and promotes a healthy gut-barrier function
• Meditation increases blood flow to the brain, enhancing focus, cognition, and memory. Thereby making you smarter.
• Meditation lowers stress and promotes Zen-like calm
• Meditation eases symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome, including abdominal pain, diarrhea, flatulence, and bloating.
• Meditating daily, or frequently helps ease issues like mood swings, anxiety, sensitivity, irritability, and other symptoms of premenstrual syndrome.
• Meditation can help carry you more calmly through your day.
Different types of meditation may include different features to help you meditate. When meditating at times there are different things, you can put in place or d for a better meditating experience.
That is, practice relaxed breathing, look for a quiet setting where no one will disturb or distract you, look for a comfortable position, focus your attention on what you are doing, and keep away anything that will be a distraction to you. Lastly, make sure you let thoughts pass through your mind without judgment.