Kissing to begin with, is an intimate form of expressing affection and emotions. According to Wikipedia, kissing is the touch or pressing of one’s lips against another person. Either directly or indirectly, most people have been involved in kissing, either married or not.
To begin, there are over 20 types of kisses which include, French kiss, air kiss, forehead kiss, neck kiss, cheek kiss, Spiderman kiss, shoulder kiss, nose kiss, genital kiss, earlobe kiss etc. each of these kisses have its own meanings but we will be talking about the health benefits of the French kiss.
Health benefits of kissing
1. Kissing helps release happy hormones
Stress is one cause of health breakdowns, so in order to relieve stress and be happy, kissing can be one of your solutions. This is because, kissing helps release happy hormones like serotonin, dopamine, and oxytocin.
2. Kissing helps you lose some calories
It may sound funny but it is true. Intense kissing for a long period of time can help you lose some calories, that’s why after an intense kiss, some people are found sweating. It doesn’t mean you have to kiss for hours. Just get intense and feel the results.
3. Kissing aids in fighting cavities
To begin with, it is good to know that, cavities are decayed areas of your teeth that develop into tiny openings or holes. When you French kiss, a lot of saliva is produced in the mouth. This saliva actually helps to wash away plaques that are found in the teeth that can lead to cavities.
4. Kissing helps fight anxiety
When you feel anxious another solution to this will be to kiss. This is because, when you kiss the serotonin hormone is secreted which helps regulate anxiety and acts as a natural mood stabilizer.
5. Kissing relaxes your jaw and neck bones
When or while kissing there is movement in your mouth, around your mouth, your neck and face. Actually, these slow movements help to relax the bones found around and in these various areas.
Despite the health roles that kissing plays, there are some side effects that come with kissing. That is;
- Kissing exposes you to bacteria’s that make you feel miserable.
- Kissing easily spreads viruses like mononucleosis and meningitis
- Kissing can lead to cold sores
- Kissing can lead to viruses like HIV when the person you kiss is infected with the virus and you both have wounds in your mouth, blood can get exchanged in the process which will lead to you contracting the disease.
To conclude, kissing is healthy but it is important to make sure that the person you are doing this with is safe from any disease that might transfer to you.