Exercising as we all know is very important for the human health. But it is not all about doing it one time and stopping. Regular exercise is good for you, because it keeps you in good shape, improves your breathing, improves your mood and it can help you lose weight. Check out some health benefits of exercising;
Most people who are trying to lose weight follow a diet, but this is not enough. It is good to add exercising to it because it plays an important role in controlling your weight and preventing obesity. To maintain your weight, the calories you eat and drink must equal the energy you burn.
2. Exercising Improves your mental health and mood.
Are you stressed or in a bad mood, try exercising. This is important because, during exercising, your body releases chemicals that can improve your mood and make you feel more relaxed. Which in turn can help you deal with stress and reduce your risk of depression.
3. Exercising reduces your risk of heart diseases.
Constantly exercising strengthens the heart and improves blood circulation. Regular exercise can also lower your blood pressure and triglyceride levels. When the blood flow in your body increases, the oxygen levels in the body also increases thereby preventing you from high cholesterol, coronary artery disease, and heart attack.
4. Exercising strengthens your bones and muscles.
Regularly exercising is important for everyone because it helps build strong bones and also slows down bone loss density which normally comes with age.
5. Exercising improves your sleep:
Exercising can help you to fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer.
6. Exercising improves your sexual health.
Regular exercise may lower the risk of erectile dysfunction (ED) in men. For those who already have ED, exercise may help improve their sexual function. In women, exercise may increase sexual arousal
Exercising like any other thing has some side effects. They include;
- Drop in energy: If you have been missing the familiar high after working out or if you constantly feel physically and mentally tired, it may mean that your body is exhausted and needs a rest.
- Sleeplessness: While moderate exercise can relax you can give a night of blissful sleep, too much can have you tossing and turning all night due to restlessness and disrupted sleep
- Aches and pains: When you don’t give your muscles time to recover, it results in persistent soreness that can seriously hamper your everyday activities, besides making you feel lousy.