Due to busy schedules that people have every day, people turn to love junk food or fast food because of it is easy to get and also does not require cooking. But these fast foods have an impact on the human health in one way or the order.
Health Benefits of eating Salad Greens
Consuming vegetables more is very beneficial for the health because, it helps maintain our health and our body needs of nutrient and vitamin. Eating salad greens will actually help you stay healthy without thinking about the side effect. It is very cheap and affordable compared to junk food.
1. Salad Greens help Detoxify the Body
We live in a society today where our environment is polluted which is not healthy for the human body. So to be able to detoxify yourself from these pollutants that get into your body, it is important to eat salad greens. Being a natural meal, salad greens contain chlorophyll which help absorb toxic gases found in the body. Eating salad greens is perfect to detox your body in order to get weight loss and body cleansing.
2. Salad Greens Prevents Constipation
Constipation is a common thing in the society today, and this normally occurs when the stomachs lack enough fiber and when you do not drink enough water. Noting that fiber is important for a healthy stomach and avoiding stomach ache, salad greens contain fiber and flavanol to get you better from constipation problem.
3. Salad Greens Good for Eyesight
The eye/vision is very important for the human because it enables you to see. Taking care of your eye vision is very important and eating healthy food for the eye is a plus.
Eating salad greens and leafy green foods are very beneficial for the eye because they contain substances like lutein, zeaxanthin-antioxidant that help eyes from degenerated.
Calcium helps ensure strong teeth and bones thereby preventing you from having tormenting dental problems. Calcium helps facilitate the movement of nutrients across cell membranes.
Consuming good calcium will strengthen the spin hereby reducing reduce back pain. Calcium is meant for everyone, so for children, calcium actually helps them grow properly. So it is important to give your children vegetables/ salad greens.
Some Ingredients of Salad Greens Include;
Before diving into these nutrients, it is foo to note that, salad greens are a bowl of salad with a variation vegetable. Meaning, the bowl contains all dressing such as almond oil, olive oil, or mayonnaise. Meanwhile, here are the ingredients of salad greens
- Arugula: Well know as nutritional powerhouses by its high source of fiber and antioxidant.
- Butterhead: This the type of lettuce which has light green or dark green leave.
- Cabbage: This leafy green vegetable contains high sulfur and vitamin C content.
- Dandelion Green: The leaf of dandelion flowers that lately becomes favorite salad dressing.
- Endive: Is a curly green vegetable with its nutrients and best for salad.
- Escarole: This vegetable is one type of endive, which has bitter taste than endive.
- Cucumber: The green vegetable with a weird taste
- Iceberg Lettuce: It’s a family lettuce that has plain taste.
- Swiss Chard: A healthy green vegetable that almost similar to spinach or kale.
Note that, if you are allergic to some of these things, you must not add it to your salad greens because you will not enjoy it. Do it the way you feel comfortable.
Also, too much of a thing is a disease and so despite all these benefits, if you consume this salad greens in excess you will experience some negative side effects.