In this generation in which we find our self today, many women shy away from breastfeeding their baby’s. They do not want their breast to fall. It is good to note that, breastfeeding has health benefits for both the baby and the mother. Breast milk provides a baby with ideal nutrition and supports growth and development. Breastfeeding can also help protect baby and mom against certain illnesses and diseases.
Health benefits of breast feeding for the mothers:
- Can reduce the mother’s risk of breast and ovarian cancer, type 2 diabetes, and high blood pressure.
- Breastfeeding has health benefits for the mother too. Some cancers, type 2 diabetes, and high blood pressure are less common among women who breastfeed.
- Breastfeeding increases confidence and self-esteem in a woman
- Breastfeeding produces natural soothing hormones oxytocin and prolactin. This will promote stress reduction and positive feelings in the nursing mother.
- Helps mothers learn how to read their infant’s cues and babies learn to trust caregivers. This helps shape the infant’s early behavior
- Breastfeeding helps promote faster weight loss after birth, burning about 500 extra calories a day to build and maintain a milk supply.
- Breastfeeding your baby will stimulate the uterus to contract and return to normal size.
- Breastfeeding will lessen postpartum bleeding
The Benefits of Breastfeeding for Baby;
- Breastfeeding may reduce your baby’s risk of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS).
- Reduces your baby’s risk of developing middle ear infections.
- Breastfeeding will reduces your baby’s chances of developing allergies.
- Breastfeeding helps protect baby’s risk of developing diabetes, since breast milk contains no artificial sugar.
- Breastfeeding is good for the baby immunity. it will prevent inflammation and infection
It is very important to breastfeed your child except in the case of health issues. Help your child get this benefits and help your self too.