To have strength, grow, and be healthy, all human beings need to eat food. That is, not any type of food but good food that will be nurturing to the body. But at some stages in life, there are different nutritional values we need. That is, for babies or infants, what they need is just breast milk, then after some months, you start introducing other things little by little. Eventually, they develop into the more normal pattern of eating three times per day as young kids. The key to a healthy diet is to eat the right amount of calories (food) for how active you are so that you can balance the energy you consume with the energy you use.
10 Tips for everyday healthy eating
- To eat healthily, avoid eating raw or undercooked meats no matter the type of meat.
- When places are extremely hot, it is advisable to avoid eating heavy meals
- At a tender age, avoid introducing children to a lot of sweet things. A lot of sugar is not good for the body and introducing them to it early will cause them to grow to love a lot of sugar.
- Make sure you eat three healthy meals a day that is (breakfast, lunch, and dinner); it is important to remember that dinner does not have to be the largest meal of the day. Let your dinner portion be smaller than what you ate for lunch.
- When choosing your meals, make sure you choose food that is low in saturated fat, cholesterol, and added sugars. Make sure the meals have good nutrients and just the exact nutritional value you need.
- When you are hungry, eat just what will make you satisfied. Do not eat more than what your stomach can carry. It is not good for the body (overfeeding)
- Avoid eating large and heavy meals before sleeping to decrease gastroesophageal reflux and weight gain.
- Make sure that when you eat, a greater part of your food should contain fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and fat-free or low-fat milk products.
- Eat more fish, including a portion of oily fish. That is, aim to eat at least 2 portions of fish a week, and at least 1 portion of oily fish a week. This is because, something like oil fish contains, high omega-3 fats, which may help prevent heart diseases.
- Eat less salt. For adults most especially, it is advisable not to eat up to 6g of salt a day. This is because, eating too much salt, especially for someone suffering from high blood pressure, it can easily cause the blood pressure to rise.
In the healthy lifestyle world, being mindful of what you consume, (eat, or drink) is very important for your body’s health. Even children, do not joke about what they consume.