10 Amazing Fact Uses of Vinegar
Vinegar is one of the most versatile ingredients that you can have in your kitchen. Vinegar is a tangy liquid made from a fermented liquid and is used in a variety of dishes. Some uses of vinegar are as a flavor enhancer in salads, as a marinade for meats, and as a cooking liquid for sauces. Vinegar is also used in some baking recipes. It is also used as a cleaning agent for removing stains from clothing, and it can be used to make home-made ice cream.
Here are 10 amazing facts about vinegar that will help you understand how it can be used in a variety of ways.
1. You can use vinegar to remove hard water stains from your sink. Combine equal parts vinegar and baking soda, then scrub.
2. Vinegar can be used to remove the adhesive from price tags on clothes.
3. Vinegar can be used to clean a microfiber couch or chair. Mix 2 cups of vinegar with 1 gallon of water, then pour it on the area you want to clean.
4. You can use vinegar to get rid of pet odors in your home. Spray it on the area that smells and let it air out for a few hours.
5. Vinegar can be used to get rid of musty smells in a basement or crawl space. Place a bowl of vinegar in the area and let it sit for at least 24 hours.
6. Vinegar can be used to remove residue from aluminum pans. Fill the pan with water and add a few tablespoons of vinegar, then boil the water for 10 minutes.
7. Vinegar can be used to clean silverware. Add 1 tablespoon of vinegar to a quart of water, then boil it for 10 minutes. Pour the water over the silverware and let it sit for 10 minutes before rinsing.
8. Vinegar can be used to clean an iron by filling it with water and adding 1/2 cup of vinegar, then letting it sit for at least 10 minutes before running it through a cycle.
9. Vinegar can be used to unclog a drain by pouring 1 cup of vinegar down the drain, then pouring 1 cup of baking soda down the drain, then pouring 1 cup distilled white vinegar, poured down the drain. Cover the drain with a plug or rag, then wait at least 15 minutes before pouring boiling water down the drain.
10. Vinegar can be used to remove wrinkles from clothes by soaking them in a mixture of 1 cup of vinegar and 1 gallon of water for 10 minutes before hanging them up to dry.